To start off here is a list of what you will need to get all setup.
1. Any USB drive 512mb or larger will work fine
2. A copy of “Passcape ISO Burner”
3. A copy of the “ResetWindowsPW” ISO file
Now that you have everything downloaded and organized just follow these easy steps:
Step #1: Make sure the USB drive is formatted properly. I suggest “Quick Format” with no label on the drive. NOTE: This WILL ERASE everything on the drive!!
Step #2: Unzip Passcape ISO Burner (the files WILL NOT be in a folder so make sure you “extract to passcape_iso_burner\”)
Step #3: Run “IsoBurner.exe”
– Select : Create bootable USB disk
– For your source ISO file select the ResetWindowsPW.iso from the download.
– Click Next
Step #4: Select the USB Drive you want to use from the drop down menu
– If the Drive you want to use does not show up in the list, remove it from the port, re-install and format the USB again.
– Click the “Refresh the list” button
– Repeat Step #4 until you have selected the drive you want to use.
Step #5: Click Create
This will be your last chance to move any files that are on the USB before creating the bootable drive. Click Yes
When its complete Click Yes and remove your drive when its safe to do so
Congratulations : yeye: you have your USB Windows Password Reset Bootable drive!!
To use this program is very simple. plug in the USB and reboot the PC, (you may need to enter your boot options while the PC is booting, most systems the hotkey is F12, if boot options are disabled in bios the enable them) when the program pops up it is basically preset to where you really only have to confirm the actions by clicking next.